What is Peanut Butter? How is Peanut Butter made?
Peanut butter is made by blending roasted peanuts into a thick paste and then continuing the blending process until peanuts’ release natural oils and form peanut butter. Many brands sweeten peanut butter by using sweeteners such as honey, jaggery, date, sugar, molasses, or corn syrup. Several peanut butters in the market also contain oil, salt, chocolate, nuts etc.
Which Peanut Butter is best for you?
We recommend going for the healthy peanut butter that is unsweetened or is lightly sweetened with natural sources of sugar such as honey or dates and one which is prepared without palm oil, salt and preservatives. It is important to check the nutritional information and ingredient list of your peanut butter. Not all peanut butters offer the same nutritional benefits.
Why Peanut Butter is Healthy?
Before we go into the health benefits of peanut butter, we would like to highlight that peanut butter is healthy and best for you when consumed in moderation.
So really, why is peanut butter healthy?
- Fibre content in Peanut Butter can help with weight control: peanut butter contains between 5-8 grams of fibre per 100 grams. The fibre content helps increase satiety – in other words, it keeps you fuller longer and can potentially help in weight loss when consumed in moderation.
- Rich in Protein: Peanut butter contains about 22-25 grams of protein per 100 grams. The high protein content is great for muscle building and recovery and can act as a great source of plant-based protein for those who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet.
- Good Source of Good Fats: Most of the fat content in peanut butter comes from unsaturated fats which help in reducing bad cholesterol and can also help lower the risk of heart diseases.
- Good Source of Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants: Peanut Butter is also a great source of Vitamin E and Magnesium that help in supporting a healthy immune system and certain metabolic processes.
Healthy Peanut Butter can prove to be a great nutritional addition to your diet when consumed in moderation. However, we highly recommend keeping a check on the quantity of peanut butter consumed as it is rich in calories and avoid peanut butters that are prepared with hydrogenated oils, high amount of salt, artificial sugar, or preservatives. Always choose the naturally healthy peanut butters.
How does natural healthy peanut butter taste?
Peanut butter tastes like different things to different people, for some, it might be a guilty pleasure for some it might be a protein-packed spread. Once you start enjoying the taste of peanut butter you cannot get enough of it. Peanut butter is a rich and creamy spread that sticks to the top of your mouth. Peanut butter’s made with just peanuts and no sweeteners or other additives will have earthy and salty notes with a hint of sweetness to them.
Where can peanut butter be used? How to eat peanut butter?
A healthy peanut butter is versatile and can be consumed in a variety of different ways as a breakfast option or snack. Some ways to consume peanut butter:
- Spread peanut butter on a toast and eat it as is or top some banana to your toast. We recommend avoiding the Jelly/Jam in the PB&J sandwich. Jelly adds sugar and calories without providing much nutritional value
- Add peanut butter when preparing a fruit smoothie
- Drizzle peanut butter on your fruit bowl
- Add peanut butter to a bowl of oats and fruits
- Consume peanut butter granola
Peanut Butter Granola?
Yes! Here at SnacQ, we’ve created a delicious recipe for a peanut butter granola. Our Peanut Butter granola is made only 5 natural ingredients - Oats, Rice Crispies, Honey, Flax Seeds and Peanut Butter! That’s it! This one is also a great protein granola as it contains 18 grams of protein in every 100 grams.
You would be glad to know that our peanut butter granola is prepared without oil, artificial sugar, or preservatives so you can eat it guilt free.
We’ve made it crunchy so you can eat it as is as a snack or for your breakfast! You could consume SnacQ’s Peanut Butter Granola with milk (regular, almond or oat milk) or add it to your smoothie/smoothie bowl. SnacQ’s Peanut Butter Granola contains 18% protein, it is rich in fiber and a good source of Omega-3. Moreover, it has got no transfat or cholesterol. This healthy peanut butter granola works as a great breakfast option and office snack. This high protein granola makes it an excellent choice for a pre/post-workout meal too! It’s available in pocket-sized packs too - that you can easily carry anywhere you go.
Check out more about our peanut butter granola here
We’ve also curated some creative options for you to consume our healthy peanut butter granola! These are great healthy, exciting, and easy options for adults and kids
Toast up a slice a whole grain bread, spread on some healthy peanut butter and top with your SnacQ Peanut Butter Granola.
Chia seed pudding is a super-tasty and extremely easy way to sneak healthy fats into your diet. Chia seeds are filled with omega-3 fatty acids. Add that crunchy and healthy peanut butter granola to it and voila! Your healthy delicious snack is ready. This one works as a great healthy dessert/healthy sweet option too.
Smoothie bowls are a perfect breakfast option to start your day with. Here’s a quick and easy recipe with very few ingredients which can be prepared in just 2 minutes. This recipe also doubles up as a great healthy dessert/healthy sweet option.
Not a fan of peanuts? Like almonds?
If that’s you – you can also check out our almond granola flavours! They are healthy and tasty protein granolas too. We’ve got 3 exciting almond granola flavours – Almond Butter and Pecans Granola, Dark Chocolate Granola with Almonds and Mocha Almond Granola (which is a coffee + chocolate granola flavour).
If you’ve enjoyed reading a blog – please do comment and share! Feel free to leave any questions/clarifications that you may have.